Monday, January 31, 2011

A plug for someone else.

There's a blog I've been following since, hm, last July. It's run by three authors of YA, and they're all crazy. I got there because Robin McKinley linked to them, but one was already familiar because Sarah Rees Brennan keeps recommending her. I've read a couple of her books, but I really prefer the short stories.

Anyway, they're running a contest, now, for an ARC of Tessa's new book, an ARC of which Robin has also received. She reviewed it on her blog, and then laughed evilly because it's not released yet. 9_9 To be entered in this contest, I have to post somewhere about my favorite of their stories, and then link to this post in the comments at their blog. Choosing one is pretty hard; I'm extremely fond of the ones about the paladin, or the one fairy who took over Delaware, the one about the demon bar-bouncer and Brenna's story for the MUGEL THE GIANT illustration prompt. Tessa's Frog Prince story; the MMA one based on a South African story; the one about the young man who shed his skin every New Year. There are dozens. In the end, however, I chose "Wag."

It's Maggie Stiefvater's story for the Hellhounds prompt. It's a bit of a grim warning: the thought is not necessarily what counts, and the road to hell is paved with good intentions. But it's also hopeful: sometimes it matters what your intentions are. Mostly, though, I like it for the loving way the dogs are described.

No comments: