Friday, February 4, 2011

Sunshine!

It's pretty nice out today, so I moved the kids out to the barn once I got home from Jim's. They've been living in the area around the woodstove, though, and as they've gotten around to sleeping behind it I had to wait 'till they came out for food before I could snag the little beggars. Heh. Actually, I fed them first. Then I captured them. Anyway.

I keep reading these protests to objections about Obamacare. These writers say, "Nobody objecting has actually read the laws! They don't know what they're talking about! It's not what they think!" This confused me, but I think I've developed my own objection. It doesn't matter what the bill actually says. The problem is not, specifically, that the State can order euthanasia, or refuse healthcare on the basis of how likely they think your death is, or finance a teenager's abortion with my tax money. The problem is that the government is interfering with our lives again. What business is it of theirs whether I go to the doctor or not? What business is it of theirs whether a stupid teenager messes up and wants to escape the consequences? It's not their problem, it's ours. If I'm sick or injured, that's the business of myself and my family. The Feds can keep their noses out of it.

No comments: