Friday, November 18, 2011

I finally finished the first draft of the second paper for Sociology! It's due Monday, but I needed to have a draft early enough to get it to Smarthinking and back. Initial objective: completed! I'd like to do well, but I'm not sure my interpretation of the requirements is in compliance with Mr. Packard's intentions, so we'll see. I'd like to do well on this; most of my quizzes have been 100%, while my previous paper was 98% and my midterm exam score was perfect. Mr. Packard wrote on the score sheet that I'm the second student in his nineteen years teaching this class to get a perfect score on that exam. That's when he started putting smilies on my grades.

I was telling Christine about it--she's been doing a paper for Psych, but she's got a lot going on, so her grades are suffering. This means she's getting A-minuses instead of A-pluses. Christine has high standards, so we've been getting along well. She was telling me about her experience with Soci, earlier this year--she did pretty well, but the paper I'm working on now is one she had a bad grade on, and in comparing that grade with the others she had in the class, she happened to mention that her midterm score was 103. "Was Mr. Packard your teacher?" I asked. Yes--in other words, if it wasn't for Christine, I could've been the first student ever to have a perfect midterm score! While I'm wishing for nice round numbers.....if I'd waited a year, I could've been the first student in twenty years......

No comments: