Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Skip Beat!

Skip Beat currently dominates my fantasy world. Ren and Sho's competition is pretty close, but I think Ren is ahead--with Kyoko, I mean. Of course he's still ahead as an idol.

Sho--been with her until she was fifteen.
Ren--with her for awhile when she was six, and she still doesn't know that was him.
Sho--knows everything about her.
Ren--knows her very well, and knows stuff Sho doesn't. Also he cares.
Sho--considers her his exclusisve property.
Ren--is working on it, and is progressively evicting Sho from her mind.

She knows Sho much better than she knows Ren, but she's also on the way to knowing Ren better than anyone in Japan, as far as we know. She and Yashiro should pool their notes.

Kyoko: Beware the gentlemanly smile.
Yashiro: Yes. Don't make him mad.
Kyoko: Have you ever seen him mad? It's terrifying.
Yashiro: No, I don't think so.
Kyoko: And then there are the alternate personalities.
Yashiro: Eh?
K: Emperor of the Night and Demon King.
Y: Emperor of the Night? When was this?
K: You know when he asked me to help him figure Katsuki out?
Y: *instantly goes into suspicious matchmaker mode, complete with squeals* Congratulations!!!
K: About what? -.-
Y: Never mind. I'd only figured out that he was a really wild kid. He used to smoke, and he was really familiar with guns.
K: Real guns? Not just models?
Y: I don't know.
K: Cuz for them to be real, he'd really have to have begun in the States or somewhere like that, and I don't think he did.
Y: Why not?
K: If I'd been right, he would have Smiled and said something like, "Are you stupid?" Instead he shrugged like an American and pretended I was right--really sarcastically.
Y: Maybe he knew you'd think that.
K: That guy gives me headaches.
Y: Me too.

No comments: