Thursday, August 21, 2008

Baron and Lark have started playing. The house may not survive, but it's a treat to watch--as long as you have a safe vantage point, or have tough feet and shins. Mine are all scraped up currently--happened somehow when Gan floored me, not sure how--and I practically want to stand on a chair. But it's hilarious. He's huge, and she's tiny--and he's really gentle. She, of course, is typical Fury, and it warms my heart to see her chewing on someone who doesn't feel it. Oh, for fur. Lark take immense unfair advantage of her size during chases, though, whipping under tables and chairs and between people's legs. (Fortunately Baron doesn't get quite as carried away as he might, and backed out slowly before he knocked me over.) I think I'm going to have to stick the two of them in the paddock for awhile every day, so they can do this full speed, whatever that may be. I'll have to clear Stein and Meathead out, though--just moved Stein in this afternoon, so we can give him alfalfa without everyone getting it (he's not feeling well-just weak and languid--no diarrhea) and Gan knocked me down when everyone was following the alfalfa (me). Flat on my back, all of a sudden. Grr. He backed off when I collected my little tin tub, which had contained hay a minute ago, and started swinging it at him and screaming. Dad sent the backup out as soon as he saw me out there sitting on the ground, and Peter knocked him around for me. Now I just have to wait for my bruised behind and jarred back to heal....and we're going to B's to help with some immense task tomorrow. With a concert afterwards. Nobody's told her what we think about the concert, and everybody can use some cash from the work, but....

Lark's nagging me to come to bed, and I haven't done the floor yet.

No comments: