Sunday, September 14, 2008

Dad's taking up deep-fry cookery. He makes mean fried chicken, and the potato chips weren't bad.

We're all worrying about Baron. He's beginning to be a problem. For one thing, he mounts Lark a lot, and he's starting to mark when she pees. In short, he's a Very Bad Dog. We're going to have to do something before she comes into heat.....

Lark is beginning to seem large, especially when I pick her up: she's tripled in weight since she was a fuzzy little eight-pound puppy with a blunt nose. Mom still hasn't decided who's going with her when she goes to Co. between quarters, but if I go so will Lark. Exciting. Which brings me to this: next quarter Mom's teaching three classes, three days a week, and she's going to be so swamped with papers that she's paying me a dollar per paper for preliminary correction. Yaaay! I've been suggesting I do that for months, but nobody ever said anything about money.

Currently reading Patricia McKillip and Elizabeth Peters: polar opposites, but they both have style. Patricia McKillip does fantasy, and Peters is a mystery queen who used to be a major Egyptologist--which would, of course, explain why her biggest series is Egyptological. Peters is beginning to lose me, and I'm running out of McKillip, so it's a good thing I can get Chalice on Friday if we go to town. Please, please please please.......

No comments: