Monday, June 18, 2007

Friday was one of my best birthdays ever. Mom took me and Owen (couldn't be helped, and she didn't trust him at home without her) to town and we went to a bunch of used-bookstores. A Novel Idea had Unfinished Tales I and the Book of Lost Tales (Tolkien), plus The Hero and the Crown, The Blue Sword, and Rose Daughter by Robin McKinley. Bluestem Books had Beric the Briton, cheap for an old Henty, but Mom didn't have enough. Yellowed Pages was the best. There was a hardbacked volume containing Mairelon the Magician and Magician's Ward by Patricia C. Wrede; I've read Magician's Ward but not Mairelon. They're Regencies. There was The Gray Horse by RA MacAvoy. If the library had it I wouldn't get it, but oh well. And there were the Heyers. I didn't have enough for all of them, but I got They Found Him Dead, The Convenient Marriage, The Toll-gate, The Unknown Ajax, Regency Buck, Lady of Quality. Out of all those, our library has only Toll-gate and Lady of Quality. Cool, huh?

Still on Skypiea. Nami is in difficulties, and Luffy is catching up to Enel. Wiper is incredible--nearly as durable as a Devil Fruit user.

Oh, man. The end of 182 is above price. Enel, learning that Luffy can't be hurt by lightning and that he can be hit--whooeeeeee. Too much.

No comments: