Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Nearly at the end of the 2-ep flashback of Norland's visit to Jaya. I like Norland and Calgara. Vids look a lot better now we have a new monitor. I got it, in company with an aged computer, at a garage sale on Saturday for five bucks. The computer (christened Amazon, for the old woman on Skypiea) is in my room, but it won't be running until I procure a working keyboard. There is no Internet, so Amazon will mainly use Microsoft Word and the calculator. My brothers keep lifting the monitor cable, since that's one of the connections Mom is in the habit of taking.

Been reading Heyer's Royal Escape, which I got at the library on my birthday. It's one of the historicals, not romance. I don't think I'll finish it today, leaving it in company of only My Lord John. Bonnie Prince Charlie is the main character. La Grand Georgette is very much a Royalist. Anti-Cromwell, and all that.

I wish Norland hadn't had to tell his King about the City of Gold. Bloody kangaroo court, it was. They hired a false witness, didn't even have him swear that he was telling the truth. Bastard wasn't even one of Norland's crew. And Norland never saw Calgara again, the Shandians were driven from their homeland, general misery. At least I get to watch Enel get beaten soon. I hope he gets beaten on the moon, too. So far he seems to be doing just fine. Grrrrr. (Been looking at manga chapters 435 through 459. Chapter beginnings show Enel on the moon, just like Buggy after the battle and Coby and Helmeppo with Garp.) Just in passing, you probably shouldn't read this blog if you don't like spoilers. Come to think of it, I doubt anyone does read this blog. It's more or less something to do while they're loading.....
......................
Such a pity that lighting is immortal....I can't imagine what it must be like to have to wait a weeek for each episode....
And in Chapter 159, looks like a skeleton named Brook is going to join the crew--the Thriller Bark arc is such fun. Cerberus is kinda cute. Oh, yeah, landmark--Robin called Usopp and Chopper by their real names. She only started doing that with Luffy on Enies Lobby. Zoro will come last.

1 comment:

wquay said...

Your stream of consciousness on anime and novels blew my mind. Thanks a lot.