Sunday, October 21, 2007

Brain.....melting.....

Darrel's son watches Rurouni Kenshin. Darrel's son watches Rurouni Kenshin. His wife is Japanese, and his teenaged daughter likes a lot of the same stuff that we do, but this is too much.
Arisa's favorite manga is YuYu Hakusho (we currently have all but four of the library's collection checked out) and we even have the same favorite character. And she likes Hana Kimi and One Piece, and Fushigi Yugi and Death Note which I haven't read, but she has explained to me who one sympathizes with in a manga about a guy who finds a notebook that kills anyone whose name is written inside (and proceeds to use it), which I'd wondered about. Fushigi Yugi is by the mangaka of another manga that I've read all through.
Arisa's younger brother has a very good Sullen and Bored Teen act going, so conversation would have been pointless. He does read manga, but when I asked if he liked One Piece, the answer was "It's been awhile." Bah.
Anyway, I'm on Cloud Nine because now I have someone to ask when I want to know what the Japanese is for "Shut up." And other things.
Baron was tied out while they were here, and her dad was pretty intimidated. He said that Baron was a very impressive Rottweiler. Very large. I said, after a few repetitions, that he as only most Rott and that maybe whatever else was in there had bulked him up a bit. Anyway, we sold the big aluminum gates to Darrel, and his son and grandson loaded them up. Oh, yes, and the little bookcase from Doug's room, which B wanted for Easton.
Mmm. Right. Arisa is nearly as tall as Doug, long black hair, very slim. Taller'n me. Her face takes after her mom, but I think her sandy-haired dad makes her hair lean a little toward brown.

No comments: