Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Well, my room is once more a shambles, since Mom had me empty the wardrobe. Heh.

They added another chapter of Koukou Debut. Already finished it. Doug's still reading Perfect Girl Evolution, which despite the shoujo tag I'm not reading. I admit it's funny, I just don't want to start it.

We went to town yesterday. I checked out the other three Bardic Voices by Lackey and The Spirit Ring by Bujold. It's kinda funny: in the beginning the plot could become The Tempest--but it doesn't. One of the preventions is the fact that Ascanio is only ten, and I think he was Shakespeare's hero. The other prevention is that I think Author-san took a vow to never have a prince for a hero. And if he's a prince, he can't be young and handsome. Makes things interesting. Thur, the hero, reminds me a bit of Hugo in Heyer's The Unknown Ajax.

Oh, yeah. Utter happiness. Robin McKinley is running a blog. She says her editor gave her the choice between the blog and going on tour, and she has a horror of going on tour. I'll take the blog, thanks. I mean, we love her for her writing, yes? And here we get some of it every day. What could be better? Her address is at livejournal. It sounds to me like Blogger is preferable. She still hasn't taken the first step to getting pictures up, i.e. getting pictures into her computer, so we have to be content with hearing about the hellhounds and Peter. Peter is Peter Dickinson, her husband. He writes fantasy and sci-fi for kids and teens. Drat, that was what I forgot at the library. Besides that July issue of Shoujo Beat. Speaking of which, I got the latest ish yesterday. Aaaaaahh. Yummy.

No comments: