Saturday, September 1, 2007

Just got back from B's. Man, my muscles are going to be sore tomorrow. We spent three hours or so at the pool, which is closing after Monday. B joined the party telling me to go off the diving board. I probably could have withstood her alone, but since Doug amped it up after she joined I went. It wasn't fun. My brothers kindly told the lifeguard to watch out for me, too. So helpful. B thinks this will make me more willing to go next year. Nope. I won't be thinking all winter, "Well, I did it and it was okay," I'll be thinking, "Well, I finally did it and I barely made it to the side." On the plus side, nobody rescued me.
And speaking of diving, there was this one guy, Doug's age or maybe a little older, who was great on the diving board. On the other hand, he had a tendency to depreciate other people's performances. My brothers', notably. They're working on flips just now, and he wasn't much of a help. It was funny how the lady in charge kept calling him to the front and making him pull his shorts up so his underwear didn't show, though. It happened three times. Sometimes redundancy is very funny.

We all got comp time. I finished Zettai Kareshi, and I've started Ouran High School Host Club, which may be a mistake. It's very funny shoujo, though. And the protagonist is a girl, which one is a bit doubtful about at first. If she ends up with that Taku wacko, or whatever his name is, though, I will be most displeased. On the other hand, is there anyone else who really seems like an option? Manga rule: if it's romance, you have to meet the other half before the second chapter. I've finished the first chapter. Looks like we're doomed.

No comments: