Sunday, July 5, 2009

Got up without too much trouble at seven-thirty. Fed Maddie after breakfast, then got dressed for church. I ended up wearing my green English teacher dress, remembering much too late that the fabric is too heavy for midsummer. Sigh. It cooled down before we came home, though, so it wasn't a morning of misery.

The sermon was on sanctification. Pastor Reese took it through the meaning of sanctification, the duties toward God and man, and sanctification as a way to salvation--the analogy he used was a road, with transportation still needed. It was a pretty good sermon, anyway--Dave's usually are.

We stayed to lunch afterwards, which is to say I ate and Philip sat. We sat with the Boonzaijers and Ben; Jenna's always fun, and there were two toddlers as well. Annica's slightly easier to deal with than Silas, but Silas has the advantage of not trying to speak. Oh, well, sometimes she's intelligible. Ben calls her Anakin. Uh-oh. I talked to Sarah DeBenedittis for a good while before lunch, too--yay Bennet girls. Phil's idea, not mine. Pray for my sake I never get them all associated with the characters Philip says they correspond to, because then I am in trouble. I think he said Abby is Lydia and Liz is Lizzie....help me..... After lunch I talked to Mr. Marble, which is a change because when Mrs. Marble is there he doesn't talk much. She's in Alaska getting the house ready to sell, so she'll be gone for six weeks. Sigh. Mr. Marble is really nice too, though, and we had a nice talk. He gave me some good advice on the whole "what am I going to do with myself" question. He says whatever I end up doing, studying a language now is bound to be useful someday. Okay, I'll keep that in mind. He also said I should ask Dad what he thinks I should do. Philip agreed. I set them both straight.

I think it rained here while we were gone. Hm. It didn't rain while we were in church, but there was a puddle on the corner all the same that sent water spraying in my window. -_-; Fortunately it mostly went on the dashboard.

It rained again after we got home, and then after it stopped Lark and I went out. The grass and all was pretty wet. We met a young couple, probably bf/gf, out a little past the pond. We turned back when Lark finished talking to them, delayed again when she decided to wade in the pond. That's rare. O.o Anyway, we stayed on the wide path for awhile, but the call of the water grew to strong to resist and we ended up walking along and in the creek bed the rest of the way to the road. The last of the water went in the grass some time before the crossing, though.

Walked again after dinner, at seven. This time we followed the creek all the way up to the culvert, then came back by the path. It was really fun. Some idiot had scratched an obscene drawing in the trail, though, close to the creek crossing. I scuffed it out and was mad most of the way to the gate, but by the time I got to the gate I was just wishing I'd written "akumetsu" or something under the scuffed spot. That would have been cool. *sigh* Oh well. We got home in time to help Phil, just back from church elections, haul those branches jichan lopped up to Grandma's branch pile.

Fifteen pushups, without breaking stance, and fifteen situps without stopping. That was because I got distracted and forgot to stop at five, though.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, so I want to read an exact account of your "setting them straight." And surely Philip knows what's involved already -- doesn't he?

Anna said...

Apparently not. I told Mr. Marble that Dad seemed to think I should stay at home until I got married, and I told Philip--who hadn't known--that when I told Dad I wanted something to do (can't imagine what possessed me, but it was during the babysitting battle) he told me to learn to sew. Dad is not the person I'm going to ask for career advice, because as far as I'm concerned "career advice" would be dating rules.

Anonymous said...

Just because you solicit advice doesn't mean you have to take it. You can never have too many data points.

Anna said...

I know. I'm making a collection of advice. That doesn't mean I want Dad to get involved--although I admit, the midwife idea awhile back wasn't bad....

Anyway, the thing about Dad is that I might end up having to take it. You never know.

Anonymous said...

Jenna absolutely adores her midwife.

Anna said...

Well, good for them then. :p I might not get to have Jenna as a patient, though.