Sunday, August 12, 2007

Grrrrrrr.

So guess what Dad's done now? He's forbidden me to go to the library. At all. One of the two public places I really enjoy going to, restaurants discounted, and I'm not allowed to go anymore. Mom will have to smuggle books in. I'll be completely unable to browse. I bet bookstores would be banned too, if I went often enough for them to occur to him. The ironic part is that all he did when he was young is read. Grandma says she wishes she hadn't let him. Well, if she'd tried to prevent him from reading, I bet it wouldn't have mattered. This is annoying, and provoking, and it's not going to make a major difference.

Nearly finished episode 5 of RK. New character: Sagara Sanosuke. Every time I hear his name, I just can't help thinking of Sagara Sousuke, who is completely different, quite a bit younger, and in the habit of paying when he eats at restaurants. Sanosuke is a rebel type, although when he was a kid he was a sort of soldier, and he has a quite a grudge against the government--which Kenshin helped install. Fortunately that misunderstanding has been cleared up, mainly with the information that Kenshin got a job offer from an old military friend in the last episode, and refused. Heh. I hope Zanza/Sanosuke is here to stay. Also, if somebody needs to die, he can do it. Kenshin doesn't kill anymore, at all. Mainly because he used to so much. His sword even has a reversed blade, so that the edge is on the back of the blade. If he holds it normally, it doesn't cut. Anyway, Gohei, the problem from the first ep, hired Zanza to kill Kenshin. Zanza, not being an assassin, was very straightforward about it, especially because he'd already expressed interest to Kenshin in fighting him.
I seem to have gotten back into the habit of talking about the plot. Eh. I'm gonna go wrestle Doug into watching, and if that's unsuccessful, I'll go finish The Silver Gryphon. At least I still have Kaleidoscope for tomorrow, and on Tuesday Mom goes to work. Maybe she'll get me some more. I hope.

6 comments:

ploden said...

What'd he do that for?

Anna said...

He saw what Mom was reading, and if she's reading contraband, obviously I'm not to be trusted with her. Perfectly logical and perfectly correct. Grr.

ploden said...

Define contraband.

Anna said...

Fiction.

ploden said...

Any fiction?

Anna said...

Any fiction. Well, maybe GA Henty could pass. I can't think of anything else.