Saturday, August 11, 2007

Just got back from B's. Finished The Black Gryphon, am partway through The White Gryphon. The series is Magewars. Watched ep 2 of Rurouni Kenshin. That is a funny series, though I don't think I'm quitting Noir. Went for a walk out to the lake; picked up some ticks. I felt kind of gleeful about going swimming, because no way could they have survived that, even if there were more than the two I found. There wasn't anything on TV. Just junk. There were two series we like on, and what I saw of the episodes wasn't very good. I think the boys may have been watching The Pink Panther, right before we left for the pool. It was the Beatrice water park. It's a pretty good pool. Two slides with a four and a half foot landing area; two diving boards; and a pretty good shallow end with a kiddie slide. Easton had lots of fun, and Owen is surprisingly good with him. Oh, yeah, and I found the latest issue of Shonen Jump at Wal-mart. The English edition is way behind: the One Piece chapters were way back on Drum Island, when Chopper joined the crew. Pity we couldn't get the last issue, though. It had some funny stuff with Zoro.
Rurouni Kenshin is really funny. He's a really good swordsman, legendary but incognito. Rurouni means wanderer, and Kenshin is his first name. I think the anime is pretty old, though. The style is old, and the sound quality is pretty awful sometimes. I bet it's older than Tamora Pierce's Song of the Lioness quartet. Kenshin has red hair and purple eyes, and so does Alanna the Lioness. I refuse to consider that an anime this good borrowed something from Tamora Pierce. The other name for the series is Samurai X.
Well, I expect 3 has loaded.

No comments: