Sunday, May 31, 2009

.....Black tri Aussie.....

Today was, for the most part, quiet. Philip and I got to church in good time (Psalm 148--waaaaaah!) and didn't really stay to talk afterwards. The sermon was still on the first couple of verses of Colossians, analyzing the second part of Paul's greeting: Grace and peace be unto you, in the name of God and the Lord Jesus Christ. I was interested to learn that this was a melding of Greek and Jewish greetings into something peculiarly Christian.

Once we got home things were pretty slow. I read Black Sheep, Philip napped, Grandma did the same. We had salmon again for lunch, with more lemon in the rice this time. It all came out well. I started Densha Otoko, a sweet seinen romance based on a series of threads on 2ch, the Japanese forum equivalent to English 4chan. An Akibahara otaku met a nice girl on a train and broke his lurking habits to ask for advice on the forums. The people on the forum talked him through the first phone call, the first date, the first visit to her house.....I understand they talked the couple all the way through to the wedding and beyond, although I haven't gotten that far yet. It's very sweet and cute, and very funny. I believe there's a novel, a manga, an anime, and a movie. One has to wonder what the original Train Man thinks of it all; hopefully his marriage is still going strong, anyway.

Philip left a bit after dinner, after rendering some small assistance in the ordering of my Aussie book. I think Grandma and I are going to try to do some dog training. Two birds with one stone: get Grandma into the sunshine, develop some of that underused canine intellect, and exercise the dog. Oops, that's three. There will probably be more. This occurred to me a bit before dinner, when Grandma and I had been playing a sort of cross between catch and volleyball: two people throw the ball back and forth, and the dog tries to knock it out of the air. This game grew out of simply playing gargantuan exercise ball with the dog: it's not scary, see you can herd it, see, try and move it with your paws. By the end she was knocking it down and hustling it into the corner where I keep my backpack and books. This was the red ball, about the size of a beach ball.

I've also been listening to Pandora a lot lately. I was trying to get the channels on my account to reflect the ones on Doug's. I ended up getting jazz and anime music. Doug gave me his account info, but I'm discovering that his channels don't necessarily deliver the music I want either. I've gotten several YoKan favorites; the first paragraph of this post was written to "Rise" by Origa; but I wasn't quite looking for Gorillaz and Coldplay. Oh, well. I'm good. Besides, if I really want the nice shoujo ones, I can ask Owen for his......

Now, Densha Otoko or The Curse of Chalion? Considering I'm supposed to aim for ten-thirty tonight, Densha Otoko seems a better choice. I've only got about twelve chapters to go, and I think they're pretty short.

EDIT: Omigosh, he showed her the thread! He ended up showing her the thread! In the last chapter! And it still had a happy ending! ......I think they'd been officially together, as opposed to dating, about a week by then......Is good manga! And historical proof that nerds can get girls too! Er....that nerds can become cool and get girls, actually.....

SECOND EDIT: Whoa. There are two shounens and a shoujo version, besides the seinen. I wish I thought the original 2ch poster got paid for this story.

No comments: