Thursday, May 28, 2009

Schnoodle

Died getting up this morning. Washed my hair last night, and this morning we thought Cheryl was coming to do her thing again. Early. Well, turns out that with the dose changes, this was no longer the case. Urgh. We did have another nurse coming, but Diane wasn't due until two. I walked Lark before she came, going from a Heller trail up the side of the treasure shoulder and coming down behind Grandma's house. Valuable exploration, but those slopes nearly killed me. I could feel my calf muscles threatening mutiny when I was going down. Fortunately we all held out until the bottom, though, surviving to collapse on Grandma's bed. Possibly the thought that I had a working cell with me assisted morale, i.e. I'd be able to call someone therefore it is unnecessary. I was also racing the clock, with Diane due at two. I got home seven minutes before, having chosen my route straight down the slope with that in mind.

Jinn came over to chat a bit, bringing a loaf of bread. We finished the last loaf yesterday. It's a good thing Phil's coming tomorrow.

Marilyn, a friend of Grandma's brought dinner over. There's a nice salad with raspberries on it, dressing included, and a casserole. "I made chicken," she said, "in case anyone here doesn't like tuna. So it's chicken with wild--no, not wild--brown rice. Is that good?" We assured her that it was great, but I couldn't help thinking of the two or three remaining bags in the freezer of that identical meal. She didn't stay long, having an eighth-grade graduation to attend, but on her way out she mentioned that she had a dog waiting for her in the car, and I immediately asked it I could come meet it. It turned out to be she, a poodle/schnauzer cross, a little over a year old and very sweet. She--Molly--had a little car seat strapped in the back seat which let her look out the window without standing up, and as excited as she was, she never once got out of it. I was very impressed. She made little whining noises, wriggling in place, somewhat disadvantaged in her lack of length to wriggle. Her hair was black and curly, cut a bit long about the head, and she looked pretty poodly. All in all I was very glad to meet her. 


The wind came up during dinner, which while sharing a couple of ingredients was not at all like the last one, and there were a few drops of rain. Nothing came of it, however. After dinner I spent some time trying to find a movie Trina'd mentioned which was supposed to be on TV, but eventually I gave up and went online. The only version I found there was subtitled in Malay and had terrible sound quality. I gave up.

Reasons to learn proper typing: the ability to continue with the sentence when someone's head is blocking your view of the keyboard.

Lee called about eight-forty-five to say Mary-Ann, our Friday physical therapist, can't make it tomorrow, having been picked for jury duty. So, yeah, no morning rush. How nice. But Grandma has to be sure to do her exercises. Speaking of exercises, though, have I mentioned Diane's going to bring a Wii next time for balance exercises? And they're gonna make me do it too......meep. 

No comments: