Saturday, April 26, 2008

And I brought home two more sheep today. Two Katahdin wether lambs, weaned, and barely tamer than the girls, who enjoy the ancient tradition of "Anything shorter than me and not my own baby=golf ball." Which is why I had to put up a quick corner pen for them with two panels. I have to buy a bale of hay from Darrel, too, because they've been on hay and I can't put them right out to grass.

Kathy has a really nice place. Goats, cows, dogs (big dogs!), a couple of miniature horses, poultry, and sheep. She's currently doing it all herself, because her dad's in the hospital and her mom's taking care of him. She's at least fifty, I'd say. Good luck with all the work. Two of the dogs were loose when we were there: a huge Great Pyrenees that looked like a woolly cushion, or maybe a futon; and an extremely handsome German Shepherd who flattered my by asking me to pet him, in a tentative and unassuming way. Not shy, but standoffish. The GP took anything I was willing to give him. And some of the goats were beautiful little ladies. There were several Saanens; one of them tends towards quadruplets, and she's currently pregnant. She's so stretched out her sides stick out at least a foot, either side.

B took Owen today, so he's going to miss the movie. We're going to go see "Expelled", about the institutional attitude toward people who question evolution. Mrs. Freeouf says she went to see it on opening night--we stopped at Luke's because Dad needed welding help. Luke stood him up. Mark was there the first time we stopped. We stopped again on the way back with the lambs, and he and Luke had gone to see a movie. Dad wasn't very happy. A little grim, maybe. But look what I got out of the whole thing! Funfun! And we stopped at Burger King on the way home. :p

No comments: