Monday, April 7, 2008

So I visited Mrs. Schlake at her office on the way back from getting the mail this morning (my manga came from Bargain Book Closeouts--yays!) and had a nice long chat with her. Her granddaughter Lana raises sheep, and Mrs. Schlake gave me her phone number, so I can call her after devotions.
Mmmmm, anything else? Mrs. Schlake took me out to the place on Apple with the Boers, which is owned by Ron Boden's (her cousin's) ex-wife. Who seems to have absconded with her beautician a long time ago, which however much ancient history is also very juicy gossip, yes? None of the goats were very interested in talking to me except for one kid, who was pretty certainly a bottle baby and only interested in fingers. Certainly not in petting. Talking to other people's goats makes me miss having my own animals much, much more.
Today was patheitc as far as school goes, though. It was after noon when I got back from Mrs. Schlake's, and then there was manga! to read. I still got the important stuff done, though, like history and science. The stuff that has to get done or it affects the next day's schoolwork because you can't ignore it. The stuff that's specifically assiged by lesson, as opposed to "1 L." or "yes".

No comments: