Saturday, April 19, 2008

YAY SHEEP!!

And I'm a shepherdess again! Today Mom, Owen, and I went to see Lana and her hubby, who were both very nice. And their toddler, Jordan, who wasn't very into us. Anyway. I got two nice little ewes, Starling and Lizzie, who both had triplets this year and are around five years old. I'm kind of wishing I'd gone with the other one I was considering instead of Starling, because for one thing she has extra teats, but we survived that with Lily and if it were an actual problem Lana would have gotten rid of her much sooner. She's a pretty strict culler, I guess, because she gets tons of triplets. She never bottle feeds, either, even though one ewe this spring had quadruplets. Raised 'em all, too. Next year she's going to call me.
We didn't even get lost on the way, even though our directions weren't exactly confidence-inspiring and I was just waking up when I wrote them down. Turns out they were perfectly adequate.
Oh, and the dog. A Border collie, who's a half-trained working dog. Kind of a pain, because he's not fully trained, but oh well.

No comments: