Sunday, May 13, 2007

Out of books

I finished The Franchise Affair at about one-thirty this morning, or last night, or whatever. So now I'm completely out of new material. Watching One Piece is fun, but I can't do it after I've gone to bed. Books are easy to hide and require less equipment, no speakers, and no electricity. Urgh. And I was going to get The Clairvoyant Countess form the library, but I forgot.

I'm considering having a crush on Luffy's brother, Fire Fist Ace. Ace is, appropriately enough, extremely hot, and he's every bit as strong as Luffy. And a bit more mature. If he joined the Straw Hat Pirates (which there is no chance of his doing, because he's Commander of the Second Division of Whitebeard Pirates), he would join Zoro as the only adults on board. Well, the girls are mature and sensible and all that, so they're the only adult males on board. Sanji is always completely idiotic where girls are concerned, Usopp is a cowardly liar (he has a heart of gold, I suppose, since he isn't the bastard that implies), and Luffy is irresponsible, slow (he doesn't notice how cold he is until a second or so after someone says, "Aren't you cold?"), incredibly cheerful, and rather naive. In other words, he's a delight, but not what you'd call an adult. The main similarities between Ace and Luffy are the black hair, the eating habits, the view on opponents (boring, unless it's a boss fight, like Arlong or Crocodile), and the general unbeatability. When they arm-wrestled, the barrel they did it on burst. Neither won. Eh. Here's a page with pics of them: it seems to be in Spanish, but the two big ones of Ace are from the episode we meet him in. And there's one of Ace and Luffy together. Anyway, Ace appears is Episode 94. And he ROCKS! But I don't think I have a crush on him. Yet. anyway. Probably won't. Oh, well. Somehow I just don't.

No comments: