Thursday, May 31, 2007

We're about to climb the mountain to get Nami to Doctorine. I think my favorite memory of that trip is the giant snow-bunnies that try to eat Sanji and Luffy. I've seen these episodes already, with the boys, but I'm not gonna skip anything.
I've run out of books. The Golden Compass was pretty good; the bit that bugs me most, though, is that in that universe, John Calvin becomes the Pope. Feh. And moved the center of the Catholic Church to Geneva. I'm not likin' it. What is kinda funny is that America seems to be called New Denmark, and Texas is an autonomous country (not so strange). A Texan is still a Texan. And Lyra and Pantalaimon are fun. I keep wondering whether Lyra will ever mature, and Pan's shape will become fixed--and she'll lose the ability to read the alethiometer. Mmm.

Peter and Owen are both sick, and I'm gettin' there. Bah.

No comments: