Monday, June 29, 2009

Lark....

Woke up about seven and got up to put on dry underwear and rinse some of the blood out of the wet ones. Went back to sleep and slept in. Interesting dreams--involving horses, unusually. Lambs, too. I made the interesting discovery that my subconscious thinks the sewer pond is a lot shallower than it is. Uh-oh. My conscious self believes that no self-respecting livestock over the age of two weeks should need to be pulled out anyway, though.....although sheep aren't particularly self-respecting......and waterlogged wool can create balance issues.....Fortunately none of the ponies were involved at that point.

Pulled some more weeds out of the walk instead of walking the dog. Threw a lot of balls while I was at it, though. It was really hot.

Fell asleep after lunch. Woke up to let Diane in, then crashed again. Grandma came into the studio at almost five to find me petting the dog, on the floor to stay awake and cool off. She said if I was cramping I should probably walk the dog--I had arrived at a similar conclusion, although along somewhat different paths. Anyway, we got out before five. It was sunny when we started, and while the sun went behind the clouds pretty quickly it remained hot. We met a man on a bike in the trees on the first leg, and then there was a jogger as I was coming out of the wash where Lark drinks. I heard him go by, and then, as Lark streaked past, swear. I called her as I came out, and then I got clear and could see him. The very well-tanned jogger was bent over with his hands on his knees, panting, and when he saw me he said, "Didn't know what that was!" "Australian Shepherd," I said, and then, "Hello, doofus," as she sidled toward us. The jogger started off again, and I had to call her back from following him. Lark, Lark.....She didn't cause any trouble with the next jogger, a young man with longish hair over halfway along the second leg--we passed one another, and went on. I don't think he was much older than me, if at all. After him there was no one until the gate, where we passed a young man on a bike with a pale, emphatically smooth-shaven lower face. I don't know if his upper face matched under the sunglasses, but I wondered if he'd just got rid of a beard.

"Dark Blue" by Jack's Mannequin running through my head the whole time. Well, at least it's a song I like...

Grandma made dinner, some pasta with veggies. She needed to make at least half again as much.....but I supplemented with cheese sauce on bread. The pasta was really good, though.....

I just remembered I have some assigned reading to do tonight. Gotta go.

Hm. Looked it up and I came out on May 15. So.....let's see if I can stay until July 15......

Father Paul called about eight to ask when would be a good time to come over. He's slated for Friday, in the end. The schedule is a terrifying thing......

The "Human" channel just opened with "This Boy." O.o

I found out on MangaU that Shojo Beat's not gonna run anymore. Viz is dropping the magazine. Nooooooooooo! Please, no! Do you guys have any idea how long it'll take me to buy the volumes of Honey and Clover up to where the magazine was? Huh? Huh? And now I have to get the chapters up to date on my reading list for stuff like Crimson Hero so I can read the chapters when the scanlators release them! Granted, at least I can drop Haruka: Beyond the Stream of Time and Sand Chronicles now (Sand Chronicles I'll read the end when it comes out, though), but you know what? IT AIN'T WORTH IT. At all. 

Ten pushups and situps right before bed. They weren't all in a row, but they weren't too hard, either. Lark lay down and watched wistfully without being told. I am, however, reasonably certain that this training will somehow not be applied to, say, Peter doing pushups. I'm not sure if I'm going to try to apply it or not.

No comments: