Saturday, June 20, 2009

"Mostly poodle, if not all"

Mom and Phil and I watched WALL-E last night. It's a very good film. Where Up is a fun movie for the kids, WALL-E is that and more: a work of art. Philip would also like it noted that it's legitimate science fiction, but I don't think this makes much difference.

Mom left about nine or so. Mu.

Philip and I did the grocery shopping before lunch. We went to the bank first, and then had to find one of Colorado Springs' two B&Ns so I could use my 40% off coupon. I got the latest SB, not covered by the coupon, which (of course) has a cover of Kaname and Yuki; and volume 1 of Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei, which was. It was that or volume one of "Maid-sama!", which is what Tokyopop titled Kaichou wa Maid-sama. Unfortunately it seems they got the license for it. Nooooooooooooooooo! And, on that note, Philip got an SAT prep handbook. It's like three  inches thick. Help........

Read my new manga until two, which is when Philip had committed me for walking the dog. It was cloudy, and warm enough for the sweater tied around my waist to be a nuisance. I kept track of Lark, and while she lacked yesterday's care to keep me in sight she did not stay back when I called. We met only one group, an older man out jogging with a miniature poodle (or mix.) They were nice. Otherwise there was no one--possibly because of the weather, which threatened more rain without the benefit of coolness. I was rather worried by my legs, which seemed.....I don't know. Jarred? I could feel the infrastructure, lower shins to ankles, and it was not happy. My left ankle was weak to limping by the time we were off the trail heading for the gate. Worrisome. 

Read Cetaganda until dinner.  Mom called right after dinner to say she'd gotten home about six, our time.

About seven-fifteen Grandma came into the studio to say there was a deer by the birdbath, if anyone was interested. Sure enough, a buck was stripping leaves from the tree there. He ate for a few minutes while I watched him, never quite spooking him as I shifted position. After a couple of minutes he walked down the meadow, grazing there while I took some pictures from the balcony. I was trying to get either him or a nice picture of the bright haziness of the mountains, but I don't know the camera well enough to get either. So I don't think I got any great pics. Sigh.

Finished Cetaganda, started Ethan of Athos. Bailed because I didn't feel like watching Ethan blunder around Kline Station just then. Started The Blue Hawk. We're going to watch a movie now, but I don't know what.

No comments: