Friday, June 12, 2009

Well, I did end up watching Batman Begins last night. I think my favorite supporting characters would be Alfred, Lucius Fox, and Jim Gordon. Hm. Anyway, Yay main char getting to train with ninjas! :haha:

Mum emailed this morning to say she'll come out tomorrow. It was nice to hear her voice again, even in writing--I'd been thinking about calling her, over the last few days. PM's from Doug were becoming inadequate. It does sound like a mess back home, though. I wonder if Dad'll end up replacing the pump? Oh, and they're having to get water out to the hogs, too....dear me.

Philip hasn't appeared yet. I've still got two math lessons to do, and I've run out of anything but word problems. Oops. I think I'll save these for when I've got help.....

Lark and I got out about ten-thirty. It was pretty bright out, but as it's supposed to rain this afternoon I figured I might as well get it over with. If it's nice light ran and I feel like it we might go out again later. We took the Heller trail loop, ending up at the dig site, which had sprouted some diggers while we were on the trail. Michaela wasn't there, but I did talk to the young man who she was with the first time I stopped by. This time he petted Beautiful. :D

Most of the afternoon was spent online, in Tolkien, and watching (I confess) for Philip. Drat the man.

At five to four I called Sid to ask if I could bring back the tupperware from last night's cole slaw. She said sure, but wait ten minutes for us to get our guests gone. In the intervening time Philip materialized, so that it was four fifteen when I got myself hence. I then proceeded to spend half an hour chatting with the Seamans. It's always fun talking to them--subjects discussed include Philip, birthdays, robots, Mom coming, expectations, and psalms. When I came home, it was with the tupperware again, this time containing a different salad. Good thing, too, because when Philip isn't playing Iron Chef with expensive fish he just thaws out a pizza.

I'm reading Jodi Meadow's livejournal. I see her around a lot, as she's one of Robin's core from her blog, but I didn't know about much beyond the yarn and the ferrets. Well, it turns out she's a lit agent's assistant, and is meanwhile trying to sell several books of her own. Nor does she have Robin's qualms about making cryptic comments about how the writing's going and what she's doing with the plot. Cryptic--no spoilers--but it's something Robin doesn't feel she can do. Add this to the ferrets, the cat, the husband, and the yarn, and I'm enjoying myself. Maybe I should read Southdowner's lj--she's the one with seven dogs, after all.

We're going to watch The Matrix tonight, but PC is going to cut in before we finish, so I'm going to have to write about that tomorrow. 

No comments: