Thursday, June 4, 2009

Well, I managed to wake up this morning, having gotten to bed at a more or less reasonable time considering I didn't remember I needed to wash my hair until I was actually in the bathroom. So no dizzy while making coffee and stuff. Diane came and spent some time with Grandma. I don't know what all they were doing, but I know that the door into the garage was open and the light on when I went for my walk. 

After lunch I went next door, where Kylie and Riley, the younger granddaughters, were entrenched. Their mom was there talking to Ralph, but when Sid got home she offered to keep the girls while Ashley mowed her lawn, her initial visit apparently having something to do with a lawn mower blade. Okay. So Sid and Lark and I played with--I think it's Kylie--for awhile, until Kylie said she wanted to watch TV. So we watched a little of Smart House, apparently the latest made-for-TV Disney movie. That was bad, but then we switched to SpongeBob. We ended up with an old episode of Batman. I could still feel my brain going to sleep, but at least it wasn't SpongeBob. And let me tell you, there have been worse epitaphs for a cartoon series.

As soon as we got home I got my boots on and we went out again. The archaeologists were back, and we chatted some, on the way in and the way out. Apparently they aren't really looking for anything specific ("No, we're looking for the Ark. We think the Hellers bought it") and they haven't found as much as they hoped. ("Just kidding. We're looking for the Grail.") In fact, the finds seem to consist mainly of the eyes of stuffed animals. Poor things. They looked pretty tired by the time they finished up, too. It had been threatening rain when we set out, but the sun came out long before we finished and everyone, archaeologists and dog-walker alike, was pretty hot by the time they went home--about when we did. I made it into the driveway just when their professor was getting onto Eagle Rock. We waved to each other.

Phil came in about ten or so, and I got off the computer to talk to him. This proved to be something of a mistake, as he ended up taking the monitor cable so he could watch the Daily Show from his laptop. In the end I have to post this next morning. >.>

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you, are you spending any time with Gma? Hmmm?

Anna said...

Hmm, yes. Just not exclusively.